Simple Sunset girya and gada training, so nice....!

      This afternoon, I focused on something short and intense that I could work the mace into.  The focus of the Fall season beginning now is to get my Flowfit regime happening right and regular and keeping my 24k girya work tight and together.

     What I have found is most helpful to me is, to couple sets of 24k girya work with the 10k mace.  I have a sort of 'basics' that I have found the 24k is best for and the ladder goes like so: swing, high pull (swing), clean (pausing is fine, poise and proper time/breath is where the mind is supposed to be at for me), clean with squat....now from here I add two to three in the progression but have decided as of late to stop at this point.  Today, on another hand...?...I went from clean into cheating sloppy press/jerkish things...the count was 10 per exercise and no breaks until exhaustion...I believe it was ten,....this is now the new effort!  I have to keep some form of accurate count, so I am going to stick paper to the walls of the shed and write as I go.

   The macebell work still hasn't progressed with any great leaps.  I am not practicing pendulum torque techniques when I am fresh and so all I can do is whirl the bell about like captain caveman or thundar...no, something far more real and lame but it is just an over head swing making a very large orbit around my body.  I focus on keeping my hands close, far down the bar arm and above my head such that I can clear my head with the crooks of my elbows.  This use to give my back sheet a kick in a rib here or there but now the tendons and ligaments are better programmed for the torque thanks to the mini-clubs and the bodyweight for sure.  No doubt, the flowfit and intu-flow from Scott Sonnon and Steve Maxwell's joint mobility dvd are making me feel like liquid strength.

     The big goal is the splits and so now I have to really take Dr. Kurz's methods to heart and apply Pavel's methods more diligently.  Together they have done wonders for my shoulder strength in range on motion and so now that I have a better hip and thigh motion routine than ever before from the CST work but now coupled with the aforementioned flexibility regime this will be fun to see.  I so wanted it by now, but already just my back bend range is like nothing ever in my life!  I am 34 and can simply...back bend, back drop on the dance floor!  It is the shit!  Well, anyway...I need to konk out....or rather....standing meditation and then off to dreamland.

     Ideally, I really want to hammer out a 6 to 1 left handed and right handed set structure (read descending ladder, the weight is constant) with the 24k as a basic 2-3 days a week, no less.  Now it is getting the exercise volume right.  I want these to be the 6 basics:
1)Swing
2)Swing with High Pull
3)Clean
4)Clean with Front Squat
5)Clean and Press into overhead squat, stand to victory position in full lockout, repeat.
6)Snatch

6 exercises, 6 reps first set and descending each set, 6 sets....with macebell and club exercises thrown in.

Comments