Sunday afternoon October 10, nerve overload fun!

Squats on 1/4 foam rollers:
     Tonight, I used the 12k competitor style kettlebells for squats on these foam rollers that I have had for a number of years.  They are foot long half cylinders or a cylinder cut in half made of foam.  They can take a decent amount of use before you have to get new ones and they aren't that expensive.  I first learned of them looking up therapeutic exercise and studying for the N.A.S.M.-CPT certification years ago.  Deep squats with a light weight up on the flat part of these is good for getting the nerves right in my legs.  A lot of joint adjustment happens too, especially on the tight lock out at the top, fantastic for reaching out through the distal joints.  With the right cadence, weight and accompanying exercises this is a very nice method of keeping my form proper.

    I would do these intermittently, low number of reps, usually 4-7.

Club work:

     I stood up on the rollers and rocked out reps of club swings between the legs and then back over my shoulder to cast it forward again.  I concentrated on keeping calm and focusing on that longness that and posterior recruitment at the end when the club was behind, so elasticity caused it to come naturally to 'order'.  I also rocked out some mills and two hand casts of various sorts.  Fun times.

Bodyweight:

     Really focusing on my Flowfit moves.  I typically couple that with a number of Steve Maxwell's moves and yoga I have learned.  As usual I jumped back and forth from thing to thing and it felt great.  Off to bed soon I figure.

Comments