Resume again

Donovan Worland
I make my responsibilities a craft.


Service industry experience:

Cashier/Clerk:

Cafe Veloce in San Francisco, a fast-paced cafe/italian restaurant, was nestled in a design center on Kansas street. We served salads, soups, sandwiches and rotating specials that were different everyday. I was in charge of writing daily menu boards, taking orders, ordering beverages, handling phone orders and most cash duties. This was a family owned business and I have since lost touch with the owners.

World Wrapps in San Francisco is a company that started in the 90s making gourmet burritos and smoothies.  I hired on as a line cook and cashier and moved to supervisor over a few months, leaving for an offer I couldn't reject at the time from another store that like my work ethic.

Jamba Juice in San Francisco is a smoothie and juice company that is still successful and doing well.  I hired on as a supervisor while attending school and worked for them for over a year and just short of two years.  I was responsible for all the employees on my shift, cash handling, inventory, customer service and minor machine repair/maintenance.

India House in Eugene, Oregon is a booth at Saturday Market and was one of my first jobs here in town.  I worked for Kim Booher and her family, since she has sold the business I am no longer aware of how to contact them.  I worked for her, for about almost three seasons before leaving because of over employment.  I prepped most of the food for the day, cashiered, cooked, set up the stand, helped supervise the employees and became the anchor on that team.

New Day Bakery and Cafe at the Country Fair in Eugene, Oregon was a bit of work I obtained because the owners needed extra reliable hands.  I cooked various vegetarian meals and did a good bit clerking, the shifts were short and demanding and quite a bit of fun.

Management and Sole Proprietorships and such:

Laughing Planet Cafe:  This business is located in Eugene, Oregon at 760 Blair St.  I worked for this company for three years recently leaving.  I hired on as a clerk/cashier and within a year I had earned the opportunity to become an assistant manager.  I remained an assistant manager for two years being responsible for employees on my shift, cash handling, ordering (when not completed), filling in any position vacant from illness, some equipment maintenance, cleaning and tremendous amounts of customer service.  I became known around the city as 'the Laughing Planet guy'.  I was hired by the present owner, Steve Mertz and still maintain a friendly relationship with him.

Golden Gate Fitness in San Francisco, California.  This company unfortunately has since disappeared and has become 'Sunset gym' I believe.  I hired on as just a front desk person with a lot of experience in the massage, wellness and fitness fields.  Within months I became the only employee that showed up early and often enough to be counted on for anything that needed doing.  I was promoted repeatedly, helping start their massage therapy department and eventually ran one of their three gyms.  I was responsible for helping with hiring and firing, cash handling, computer records, sales and marketing, personal training, cleaning and machine repair and maintenance.

Buddha Palm Massage and Personal Training
:  I owned this business starting it shortly after becoming a massage therapist through the program I completed at National Holistic Institute in Emeryville, Ca.  I owned and ran this business for over a year before moving to Oregon in 2003.

Ken-Chi-Chuan Association: I started this educational non-profit corporation with the intent of expanding the practice of martial arts for physical education in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Manufacturing:

Nutrition Industries LLC: This Eugene business is one of the first places I worked here.  We did experimental rice flour production in which we would 'stabilize' the rice and then mill it for various companies locally and internationally. I would load and unload trucks, watch and maintain the machinery, test the product regularly and clean the facility after every run to make sure of no contamination.  This was an Oregon Tilth certified organic processing plant, we made product for the Italian-American Pasta Company, Golden Temple and Kashi cereal with some frequency until supply and demand were stretched by the economy and agricultural circumstances.

Education:

Associates of Arts received from City College of San Francisco is just a general degree that I earned while running a non-profit for my martial arts class.

Acupressure practitioner certification: I received this after an 3 month intensive series of classes at the Berkeley Acupressure Institute.

Massage Therapist and Health Educator certification: I completed the 720 hour 18 month program at National Holistic Institute to become a successful massage therapist.

Comments