Again a song men should know about, the Harlem Shuffle...no, fuck that glitchy Harlem Shake.

Here is the deal with why the Harlem Shuffle is boss....the bottom....a well recorded bottom. Digital drums of today are nothing but 'loudness', they aren't real and lack the errors of real human performance and passion, making them as phony as the youth culture of today. Copies of copies in some way that Masamune Shirow would probably smile at and then improve in an upcoming manga.....then it would be imitated by another generation that love not the Sonics, the Skatalites, Sinatra and view NWA as 'classic'....like an Edsell....I'm not spell checking that, I know what one looks like my homie rolls it like a  dirigible around town.

    I like lifting kettlebells to this song, it has a good pace for cleans and jerks and the horns and drums practically make you snatch rather than swing on their own! Bag work is another thing I like to do with this song, whether it is hanging or on the floor for palm hardening the pace for striking and moving is nice. I like training to soul, punk, oi, reggae....in the heat...especially with the heavy clubs. In fact, Jackie Mittoo is particularly good when milling heavy clubs. Wow, I am soooo hungry, it's time for coffee and get some time in under the bells.

   Got a ten bead rosary at the Mustard Seed shop, the lady there is kind and friendly and I have forgotten her name. I must improve that skill again, it just takes repetition and a bit of extra thought. And thought....is still free.

Hitch! Hitch hike baby, across the floor!

Comments