Third Culture Leaders-by Millennial Woes-Youtube....And Why I Don't Fancy Travel.







     I am an army brat, Fort Reilly, Kansas for a minute and Korea for a short minute....I was just starting school or so.  This didn't matter half as much as us settling down in San Francisco finally.  Being around people from all over the world and watching the news as a child with my parents....KGO radio going, I was quite aware of the dangers.  Many children spoke of various problems in 'their country' in Catholic school....possibly Lebanon, definitely El Salvador, some were from the Phillipines and the shoe lady was a big deal when we were kids....Imelda, yeah Imelda Marcos.  Once I got some chances to travel and it was fun, but also it was rather fleeting and felt....unreal, it wasn't like when people visited, that felt enriching and fun to show them such a beautiful city....MY LAND! Without culture, the city, it becomes your land, it's norms are your norms.....I knew this is how Obama saw the world but it took terrible amounts of time for me to grasp it.  I knew his use of 'we' was dangerous from the start because I knew Hawaii, USA that is HIS LAND and it's norms are his norms.....he can never understand Rock City,Illinois....I loved visiting there, oh, in the Summer, the smell of the fields.....



  .....But that is the LAND of my father and grandfather and mother's family left behind for this LAND....Cascadia.....I will not move, I do not travel....I am also, always a foreigner here, by my dress and manners.  It's just that I can't be in this time, this era, I am from a glorious internationally powerful empire training through opportunity a new generation to make the globe America! I believed this thoroughly and thought it was probably good as long as America remained just and humane and modern.   Benighted is the term I learned yesterday, I was of the benighted culture.....The Autobiography of Malcolm X made me see through it though. I realized, I had to never quite do the normal thing because we are being played against each other.....I never stopped searching for whom and now after being a square peg in a round hole for so long I couldn't be happier.  Everyday, I learn more about how my instincts got me to the right part of the world at the right time and my evolution to a libertarian, reactionary gnostic oddball is right on point.  This guy makes great videos.

Comments